If you love to get creative with new and unique applique styles, there isn’t any alternative to getting the best sewing machine for applique. But how do you find out the best one among thousands of different variants?
That’s why in our guide, we’ll try to bring to light some of the most avidly performing sewing devices and clear out the misconceptions which you may have had regarding the subject matter.
Applique designs are coming back to trend and are among the highly demanded consumer items. Embroidery and quilts are among their main specialties, and getting a quality device would help you get these styles without much hassle.
- Reviews of 10 Best Sewing Machine for Applique
- 1. Brother SE600 Sewing & Embroidery Machine
- 2. SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
- 3. Brother PE800 Embroidery Machine with 138 Built-in Designs
- 4. Brother HC1850 Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 5. Brother CS6000i Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 6. SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
- 7. Brother XR9500PRW Project Runway Sewing Machine
- 8. SINGER Confidence 7469Q Computerized & Quilting Sewing Machine
- 9. Janome 2212 FullSize Freearm Sewing Machine
- 10. Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Buying Guide to Get the Best Sewing Machine for Applique
- What Do I Need for a Machine Applique?
- How Do You Prepare Fabric for Applique?
- What are the Easiest Steps to Applique?
- Final Thoughts
Reviews of 10 Best Sewing Machine for Applique
Here in the following sections, we’ll talk comprehensively about various applique sewing machines used for applique. Let’s find out the top picks on our list!
1. Brother SE600 Sewing & Embroidery Machine
- Weight: Comes with a heavyweight of 26.24 pounds.
- Material: Metal construction should make it highly durable.
- Power: This deviceRuns fully onelectric energy.
- Screen Type: Comes with a fully intuitive colored touchscreenLCD that can edit designs.
- Stitches: 103 sewing stitches lets users be creative.
At the first spot, we have the Brother SE600 on the list.
Coming with 80 built-in designs, the SE600 gives you the freedom to apply for beautiful works without even working for them.
Getting the thread through the needle was painstaking and a thing of the past. Now, with the highly advanced mechanism, you get an automated needle threading that saves you ample time and hassle.
On top of all these, the exclusive device comes equipped with a large color touchscreen, which can perform many tasks. You can upload the desired sewing machine applique pattern using a pen drive!
However, you can view the design and edit to your desire using the touchscreen, making it the ultimate digitized sewing machine you can go for right now!
- Comes with 80 built-in design for an effortless embroidery
- Automated needle threader minimizes time consumption and hassle
- Upload desired designs using Pendrive for a completely automated sewing experience with precise designs
- Edit the design using a large touchscreen display for a fully digitized sewing experience
- Comes with a primary grade software which makes getting the works done difficult
The free software that comes with it may seem difficult to deal with, which can be an issue for some. But on the whole, this technologically advanced piece of machinery is one of the best applique machine you can go for any day!
2. SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
- Weight: Comes at a moderate weight of20 pounds.
- Material: Should offer a durable service with metal construction.
- Power: Runs on fully electric power.
- Screen Type: The machine is equipped with a regular LCD that shows information
- Stitches: Offers an astounding600stitches for inventive users.
When you’re talking about sewing machines, Singer is a name that should come at any point. And here it is! Let’s find out what this high-end applique stitch sewing machine has come up with!
Like the Brother SE600, this one also comes with the automatic needle threader technology, a decisive add-on that can minimize the ample time spent on threading the needle.
It comes with unbelievably 600 stitches and 5 different fonts, which helps you completely personalize the entire sewing scenario helping you reflect your taste and sophistication with ease!
With an unparalleled speed of 850 stitches each minute, the device gets your jobs done ultra-fast, reducing sewing time to the minimum.
The build material is also important in terms of understanding an embroidery and applique machine. This one comes with a tremendously durable metal frame. As a result, you should get a reliable and lasting performance altogether!
- Automated needle threader technology allows a hassle-free sewing experience
- 600 stitches with 5 fonts let’s be highly creative with the works
- The unparalleled speed of 850 stitches each minute reduces the work time down to a minimum
- Tremendously durable metal frame provides lasting performance
- Some fonts may display subtle inconsistencies
Even the best of devices can come with minor flaws, and these aren’t any different. One thing that can bother you is the inconsistency with some of the fonts. But keeping the minor flaws aside, this should be a stunning item to go for if you want the best applique sewing machine overall!
3. Brother PE800 Embroidery Machine with 138 Built-in Designs
- Weight: With a lightweight of 13.74 pounds, the device should be easily transportable
- Material: It May seem a bit too fragile with aplastic body.
- Power: The technologically advanced device runs onelectric power
- Screen Type: Fully coloredLCD touchscreen display can be used to perform various tasks.
- Stitches: No stitches available.
At the third spot here, we have another premium pick from among the premium Brother applique machines. This time the PE800 is here to blow your mind!
The PE800 comes with an astounding array of 138 built-in embroidery designs, 11 fonts with Japanese and Cyrillic letterings for an exceptional creative experience.
Like the first one, Brother SE600, this one also comes with a 3.2 color LCD touchscreen that let’s add, preview, and edit designs before making a single stitch.
It also includes a generous 5×7 embroidery area which offers plenty of space to get the jobs done without any sense of limitations.
The technologically enhanced mechanism comes with a USB port that lets you import the designs you love and bring them to life with the touch of a button.
The LCD screen also lets you be a lot creative by merging different designs, rotating and changing the color presets of the designed elements.
Of course, automatic needle threading is available in this one, too, making sewing a piece of cake.
- 138 built-in designs and 11 fonts in different language offers inspiration and enhances creativity
- The intelligently programmed device lets you add, edit and preview designs for insane design variety
- Coming with a 5×7 field lets, you take on larger projects with ease
- Let’s users import desired designs with ease
- Needles may break too easily during operation
Broken needles are one of the issues which should be taken into consideration before going ahead. But in total, this one should be a quality deal anytime!
4. Brother HC1850 Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Weight: At around 10.14 pounds, this unbelievably lightweight device can be easily moved.
- Material: Metal construction gives it an edge in terms of durability
- Power: Runs on electric power for automatic response.
- Screen Type: Comes equipped with a non-coloredLCD.
- Stitches: Added 185 stitches to offer consistent performance.
Next up here are other highly celebrated applique embroidery machines you may want to look up. The brother HC1850 is what it’s called and can be a standard add-on for your sewing needs anytime!
Suppose you’re one of the creative individuals who love to try out new styles. In that case, this exceptional device should be a dependable choice anytime because this one comes with 130 different sewing stitches and 55 different alphanumeric sewing stitches for highly creative tasks.
Unlike any other device in the list, this one comes with an added table which will ease up the work to a certain extent.
Like most of the devices in this one, it too comes with an LCD screen. But this one isn’t colorized, yet it provides sophisticated assistance to the users.
One thing that makes it unique is the LED-lit work area it provides. The LED light above the needle gives you a clear and brightwork area which helps you get the work done with absolute details.
- 130 different sewing stitches with 55 alphanumeric stitches offers it extra creativity
- The added table helps you get the works done with added ease and comfort
- Backlit LCD screen offers extra assistance to the users
- LED light above the needle offers extended clarity and vision for a better sewing experience
- It May seem a bit too complicated
Despite the positives, the sewing machine may seem a bit too complicated for general use.
But keeping aside the minor issues, this should be one of the best sewing machines for appliances you can go ahead with right now!
5. Brother CS6000i Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Weight: Only at 5896 grams, this device is unbelievably lightweight.
- Material: Metal construction provides better durability.
- Power: This device is powered by electricity
- Screen Type: Comes with a basic LCD screen
- Stitches: The device comes equipped with 60 stitches for creative users.
This list today is flooded with Brother’s exceptional expertise and skill. Here is another one of the highly recommended premium brother’s CS6000i sewing and quilting machines up for discussion. Let’s see what it has to offer you!
Like the Brother HC1850, this one comes with different sets of built stitch patterns for a more creative outcome without much difficulty.
This one goes without saying; much like most advanced sewing machines, this one too has an automatic needle threader that curbs the work time and hassle to a minimum.
Coming with a protective case, a wide table, and a need set, this one floods you with tons of accessories that make sewing a lot easier and more fun!
Like the Brother HC1850, this one too comes with a regular LCD screen, unlike the fancy ones from the SE600line. Despite the simplicity, it’d provide you with basic assistance.
- But in 60 stitches pattern lets you be more inventive
- Automatic needle threader reduces the hassle down to a minimum
- Traditional LCD screen offers basic sewing assistance for the users
- Protective case reduces dust and debris infiltration while added table enhances work atmosphere
- The presser foot holder may come loose at times
One of the common issues may include the presser foot holder coming loose. This can be an irritating issue while working. But keeping aside the minor flaws, this should surely be one of the best sewing machines to choose from anyway!
6. SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
- Weight: Extremely lightweight device weighs only 14.5 pounds.
- Material: Metal finish for a durable output
- Power: Electric powered sewing machine for faster work
- Screen Type: No screen is available with this one
- Stitches: Have 43 stitches set up for new designs.
At the sixth spot in the list, we have a tremendously advanced Singer sewing machine. The Singer 4423 is a professional-grade sewing machine you can go for right now. Let’s learn about it in-depth!
The Singer comes with its’ 23 stitches samples that let you try out different designs according to your wish! And similar to the SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960 and most of the devices on the list, this one too comes with an automated needle threader for a better and less time-consuming sewing experience.
The pace at which these incredible devices work is just unbelievably amazing. Coming with a groundbreaking 1100 stitches per minute, you get the designs printed down within seconds.
Durability is one of the most important factors that should be considered. And the 4423 comes equipped with that aspect too. The machine has a heavy-duty metal frame with a stainless steel bed frame on top of that, making it an item you can use for the long term.
- 23 stitch samples offer a more inventive work pattern
- Automatic needle threader reduces the extra chore
- A staggering 1100 stitches per minute gets everything done within seconds
- Metal frame and stainless steel bed frame makes the entire item unbelievably sturdy
- It May seem a bit too noisy
It comes with one or two flaws as well, one of them being the extra loudness. The machine may produce a high level of noise that can irritate both the users and the individuals around them.
But on the whole, the machine should offer plenty for regular sewing devices and would surely be a quality pick on any given day!
7. Brother XR9500PRW Project Runway Sewing Machine
- Weight: One of the lightest on the list with 9.92 pounds.
- Material: Incredibly sturdy with metal body
- Power: Electricity runs this device.
- Screen Type: Comes with a basic, non-colorLCD.
- Stitches: Offering100 stitches for a better performance
Now, we have another premium Brother sewing device in our hands. Let’s see whether Brother’s XR9500PRW has what you need.
Similar to the SINGER 4423 line, this one too comes with metal construction. The metal frame used in the construction would make it a lot more.
In terms of quicker work done, this one surpassed all its competitors! Coming with an insane 1300 stitches per minute, this workhorse gets all your work done within seconds!
For the more creative folks out there, this incredible monogram applique machine comes equipped with 100 stitches integrated with it, making it unbelievably accommodating for new and unique design outputs.
Furthermore, the extremely bright LED that sits on top of the needle would provide you perfect vision for more detailed and subtle work.
It also comes with a hardcover that reduces dust and debris collected on the surface and infiltrates the device.
The wide table that comes with it gives you a solid ground to work on easily.
- Durability constructed metal frame makes it much more sturdy for long use
- The 1300 stitches per minute ratio make it an unbelievably faster machine to work with
- LED-lit working surface provides clear vision and helps get more detailed works done
- Added hard cover protects the machine from dust and debris
- It May seem to wear out faster than usual
One of the issues that can make you a bit disappointed is the faster wearing of the device. It may wear out sooner than you imagined. But all in all, this should be a quality item to go for any day!
8. SINGER Confidence 7469Q Computerized & Quilting Sewing Machine
- Weight: Lightweight design features16.25 pounds in weight
- Material: Metal finishing for a sturdy output
- Power: Electric power is used to run this machine.
- Screen Type: Comes with a mini, non-color, non-touchscreenLCD.
- Stitches: Offers 98 Stitches available for better work
Here at the eighth spot, we have the Singer’s Confidence 7469Q. Let’s see what it’s all about.
First and foremost, this incredible machine comes armed with loads of different stitches. With 98 built-in stitches with 7 buttonholes, the device gives you a full range of innovative capabilities to get unique designs done with ease and comfort.
If quilting is your thing, then this specially designed device can assist you greatly. Your quilting journey should surely prevail with this beauty with a programmable drop feed and needle up/down mechanism.
On top of that, you’re also getting a table and special quilting feet to further your quilting expertise to a whole new level.
For extended customizability, you’re getting an adjustable stitch width and length as well.
- Coming plenty of built-in stitches so the users can be more inventive
- Specially designed for quilting, this device provides an extraordinary programmable drop feed and up and down motion
- Added quilting feet and table would make the device an unparalleled substitute for quilting
- Adjustable stitch width and length offers increased customizability
- Skipping stitches can lower down the quality
Skipping stitches can be one of its common and most irritating issues so far. So, before going ahead with this one, try to have this in consideration.
But, keeping aside the minor flaws, this should be an exceptional sewing machine if you’re looking for the best machine for monogramming and applique now!
9. Janome 2212 FullSize Freearm Sewing Machine
- Weight: A lightweight device weighing around15.3 pounds
- Material: This one, too, has a metal finish for enhanced sturdiness.
- Power: This machineRuns onelectric power.
- Screen Type: It doesn’t come with any screen.
- Stitches: Offers 6 different stitches for basic works.
At the concluding part of our long and detailed guide, we have Janome 2212. Time to find out the inner workings of this particular machine.
One of the most spectacular things about this one is its’ design! Coming with a tremendously compact design, this sewing machine should give you a touch of elegance and easy storage capabilities.
Similar to the SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9960, this one too is constructed using metal. The metal body allows this tremendously unique item to sustain outer damage better than other materials.
It has a 6 stitches pattern for a more individual-centric design output. On top of that, 4 step buttonholes offer you tremendous consistency, which isn’t possible with manual sewing.
Furthermore, the thread tension control capability offers you a more sophisticated, distortion-free sewing potential for better results.
- Comes with a highly compact design for better looks and easy storage
- Made using heavy-duty metal, which should offer a more durable and lasting performance
- 6 stitches pattern with 4 step buttonholes for consistent sewing
- Thread tension control offers distortion-free sewing
- Jamming can slow down the working process
Jamming is one of the issues that can make it difficult for you to work with it. But except for infrequent issues such as that, this should be an exceptional device to go for any day!
10. Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Weight: Extremely heavy, weighing at around33.4 pounds
- Material: Metal body increases the durability of the device
- Power: Runs on Electric power
- Screen Type: Comes with a basic non-color, non-touchLCD.
- Stitches: An array of 255 different stitches makes it creative.
Our final item on the list is the July HZL-F600. Let’s get ready to finish up with a surprise!
If you talk about consistency blended with tremendously creative performance, HZL-F600 is the applique embroidery machine you should go ahead with. Because it comes integrated with a vast 255 stitches that satisfy all your sewing and quilting needs without a variety of colors and patterns.
Moreover, it comes with an LCD screen which assists you in terms of selecting the stitch type and many more performance-related features, which improves the convenience to a whole new level!
Like the SINGER 4423, this incredible device also comes with an automatic needle threader for a minimized working duration and hassle-free operation.
If you want a more sophisticated and personalized finish, then the adjustable thread tension control capabilities present in the device would give you just that.
Quilting requires tons of space, which can be a problem for many sewing machines. But not with this one by Juki. Because of the extended space, you get to work on larger projects without much hassle easily.
- Coming with 255 stitches for an extended sewing and quilting performance
- LCD screen offers better assistance and ease in creating new designs
- Automated needle threader adds convenience to the whole work
- Offers extensive space for quilting better
- It May seem a bit too loud
This one may seem a bit too loud while working, which can irritate anyone close by. But all in all, if you want the best embroidery machine for appliques, then this should be a quality consideration.
Buying Guide to Get the Best Sewing Machine for Applique
Our guide can certainly offer you a better understanding if you’re not sure what to look for while getting the best sewing machine for applique and embroidery. Let’s look at the key factors of consideration while getting a sewing machine.
One thing that many forgets is the difficulty level of the machine. If the machine is too complicated to operate, beginners will not cope with it. Having highly advanced sewing devices can then become a burden for beginner sewists.
On the other hand, having a basic sewing machine for advanced users may seem equally uninteresting. So, judge your skill levels before getting the machine. Get the device matching with your skill-set for the best outcome.
Here is another factor that should deserve a second thought. The speed at which the machine will stitch can significantly reduce or increase the working hours.
If you want to get things done faster and within the shortest possible time, then getting machines that come with a dependable stitching speed may seem like the most pertinent option.
You can get 800 to 1300 stitches per minute with quality devices.
Another factor that is being considered as one of the major selling points is the LCD. Well, this LCD type can vary from one model to another.
The most advanced display will be fully colored, used to edit and change the color of the inserted designs.
On the other hand, the most basic display wouldn’t be colorized but show the stitch type and other valuable information.
If you’re a pro and want something way ahead of its time, then getting the fully digitized sewing machines would be worth it. In these devices, you’d be able to insert your favorite designs via USB pen drives. These sorts of technologically gifted devices can revolutionize the way you work.
However, these services’ software and other logistic support can reach whooping ranges, something which we’d suggest you examine before going ahead!
Threading needles have always been a challenge. It takes up a substantial amount of time and is extremely irritating. Manual threading also breaks down concentration as well as puts serious strain on the eyes.
Because of all these issues, you must get sewing machines with automatic needle threaders on. Almost all present-day machines should have this feature.
Well, these are a few things that you should take into consideration before making a move.
What Do I Need for a Machine Applique?
Machine applique is one of the most complicated yet highly creative design patterns you can find right now. Let’s look at the things you’d require for machine applique:
- Pointed scissors
- Disappearing Ink fabric pen
- Fusible Web
- Tracing wheel
- Transfer paper
Well, these are the basic tools that you’d require during machine applique.
How Do You Prepare Fabric for Applique?
Before you head on doing the applique, you should perform some basic measures. Here is how you can prepare fabric for applique.
First, you’d have to give the fabrics that come with the quilt kit a good wash. Washing will reduce the shrinkage issue, and when finished, the size will stay as it is. So, washing is mandatory.
Another important part of applique preparation is starching. Starching the fabric would add crispness, sharpness, and structure to the whole thing.
Starching will also reduce the wrinkling and soiling effects. So, don’t forget to start the fabrics well before going ahead with the applique.
Finally, you’d have to press the fabrics decently. But why so?
When pressing fabrics, the seams will lay flat, and you’d get a much more refined, polished appearance on the whole. It’ll give the clothes a touch of elegance and the shine of a brand new garment. So, press the fabrics well before applying for the best results.
So, these are the preliminary steps you must not forget before applying.
What are the Easiest Steps to Applique?
Applique isn’t that difficult if you’re not complicating it. Here are the few easy steps to applique you can try:
Start with selecting the right and most desired applique designs you’d want. If you’re one of those highly creative guys, then you can get it designed by yourself. Or else you can just download one.
You can use almost any type of fabric for applique. At this step, you’d have to pick the one that suits you best. Felt, Leather, Marine Vinyl, and Suede are some of the non-fraying opinions you can go for.
Now you can apply the fusible web. Make sure you’re using it on the wrong side of the material. And trace the fusible web on the right side. Finally, cut the applique pieces and iron them into the garment.
Once everything is in place, it’s time to stitch the design down. At this stage, you permanently get the design stitch onto the garment using a zig-zag, sating, or a straight stitch.
Finally, reach the back of your cloth and get the remaining stabilizers out. These soft substances are easy to get rid of by using a pair of tweezers.
Well, these are the few simple steps you can follow to get the appliques in place.
Can you apply with a regular sewing machine?
Yes, you can apply with a regular sewing machine. Regular straight or satin stitch can do the job pretty well.
What is the best size sewing machine needle for applique?
Size 12 or size 10 milliners needles are good for applique.
Do I need a stabilizer for the machine appliqué?
It’s always better to have a stabilizer for machine applique. But embroidery can be done without a stabilizer too.
Which hand stitch is used for applique?
The slip stitch, aka blind stitch, is one of the hand stitches you can use for applique.
Do you have to sew around appliqué?
Yes, after ironing, you should sew around the applique so that it doesn’t get off.
What is the name of the machine stitch used to edge a piece of appliqué?
A double blanket stitch is one of the most effective stitches you can use to get the applique down.
Is appliqué easy?
Yes, if you follow the simple methods, applique isn’t that difficult, to begin with.
Throughout our entire guide, we tried to provide you with tons of information regarding the subject matter. We brought to light some of the best sewing machines for appliances you can try. Among the quality sewing machines, we talked about Brother SE600, which was deemed to be the best performing one and certainly a top pick you can get!
On top of that, we answered critical questions that would greatly fill any knowledge gaps you may have had all these times.
Appliques are now one of the most trending design patterns out there right now. They can let you come up with radically vibrant effects and tremendously detailed textures for insanely artistic feats. So what are you waiting for?
Get the best sewing machine for applique and create new and unique designs instantly.